District Mission & GoalsMissionThe mission of the Smyrna School District is to ensure that the students of the community are prepared as effectively and as efficiently as possible to become responsible and productive citizens possessing the knowledge, the problem-solving skills, and the positive attitudes necessary to successfully adapt to and function in an ever changing environment.
GoalsEach goal is discussed individually with indicators of progress in the State of the Smyrna School District Report.
- Provide a safe, drug-free, positive school climate that allows students to succeed.
- Standardize the curriculum, instruction, assessment, and staff development, using test data and current research, in order to match the state standards so that all learners will demonstrate competency over challenging subjects.
- Maintain a strong relationship with parents as partners in the educational process of their children.
- Promote community support for the flexibility and adaptability to the school's changing needs in the area of population growth.
- Utilize the tools of technology by staff and students on a daily basis throughout the Smyrna School District.
- Promote the consensus values of the community as responsibility, compassion, integrity, perseverance, and respect.