School Nurse News Articles
School Nurse Staff Directory
- Clayton Elementary School
- Clayton Intermediate School
- John Bassett Moore Interemediate School
- North Smyrna Elementary School
- Smyrna Elementary School
- Smyrna High School
- Smyrna Middle School
- Sunnyside Elementary School
- Michele Bonsignore
- Susan Coley
- Christina Edge
- Kertrina Green-Hite
- Trudy Hastings
- Karen Jones
- Rose Sarkissian
- Staci Simpson
- Connie Startt
- Kelley Willoughby
- Denise Zavitsky
District Health Resource Information
A student's health status is directly related to his or her ability to learn. Because of this, Delaware provides a school nurse in every school to advocate for health care and promote a healthy school environment.
The school nurse role is:
To oversee the school health policies and programs.
To provide school health services and health care to students and staff.
To perform health screenings.
To coordinate referrals to the medical home or private healthcare provider.
To be the liason between school personnel, family,community and healthcare providers.
Reminders for parents:
* Students are not allowed to carry any medication, with the exception of an emergency inhaler, on them or in their book bags while at school.
* Medications must be in the original containers with directions for use. Controlled substances must be brought to the nurse by an adult to be counted and signed for.
* Any time during the school year that your student has a physical exam and/or immunizations please send a copy to the nurse. This will keep your child's medical record complete.