Teaching at Smyrna
The mission of the Smyrna School District is to ensure that the students of the community are prepared as effectively and as efficiently as possible to become responsible and productive citizens possessing the knowledge, the problem-solving skills, and the positive attitudes necessary to successfully adapt to and function in an ever-changing environment. One of our greatest priorities today is attracting an all-inclusive, diverse, and professional workforce that supports our students to help them grow.
As part of a competitive compensation package to recruit, employ, and retain a highly qualified team, Smyrna School District offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries.
How to Apply
- Visit Delaware Schools Consortium (Frontline/Applitrack)
- Complete all parts of the application and submit the following required documents with your packet:
- College Transcripts from all institutions attended (photocopies acceptable)
- PRAXIS test results (photocopies acceptable)
- Copy of Teaching Certificate(s), if available
- A representative from Human Resources will review your file when all application materials have been received.
- When the review is complete, you will then be eligible for an interview within our District if a suitable vacancy is identified.
- If you are offered employment, you will be required under state law to complete a background check and Tuberculosis screening.
Continuing Education Opportunities
Smyrna School District has partnered with colleges and universities to provide numerous opportunities for educators to extend their professional knowledge and training through various certificate and degree programs.
Delaware State University
Delaware Technical Community College
University of Delaware