School Nurse Staff Directory
- Clayton Elementary School
- Clayton Intermediate School
- John Bassett Moore Intermediate School
- North Smyrna Elementary School
- Smyrna Elementary School
- Smyrna High School
- Smyrna Middle School
- Sunnyside Elementary School
- Michele Bonsignore
- Christina Edge
- Lizbeth Evans
- Kertrina Green-Hite
- Trudy Hastings
- Tabitha Herbert
- Karen Jones
- Lindsay Karamali
- Morgan Mareno
- Rose Sarkissian
- Staci Simpson
- Sarah Warner
- Kelley Willoughby
- Denise Zavitsky
In accordance with House Bill 20- All public and charter schools maintaining any combination of grades 4-12 shall provide free feminine hygiene products in a minimum of ½ of bathrooms in the building and also located in the school nurse's office.
District Health Resource Information
A student's health status is directly related to his or her ability to learn. Because of this, Delaware provides a school nurse in every school to advocate for health care and promote a healthy school environment.
The school nurse's role is:
- To oversee the school health policies and programs.
- To provide school health services and health care to students and staff.
- To perform health screenings.
- To coordinate referrals to the medical home or private healthcare provider.
- To be the liaison between school personnel, family,community and healthcare providers.
Reminders for parents:
- Students are not allowed to carry any medication, with the exception of an emergency inhaler, on them or in their book bags while at school.
- Medications must be in the original containers with directions for use. Controlled substances must be brought to the nurse by an adult to be counted and signed for.
- Any time during the school year that your student has a physical exam and/or immunizations please send a copy to the nurse. This will keep your child's medical record complete.