Parents are encouraged to be active participants in the education process. Here are a few guidelines for visiting the school:
• Please contact the teacher in advance of your desire to visit or volunteer. We want to ensure that the time of your visit is appropriate and won’t interrupt the educational process in the classroom. Visits will be restricted during testing situations.
• Please sign in at the office. You will be given a Visitor’s sticker to wear while in the building.
• Please note that your visit is for the stated purpose only.
• Please remember that this is a visit only. If you wish to conference with the teacher, you may call the office or the teacher to arrange a scheduled time.
• Please make other arrangements for the student’s sibling(s) so as not to distract from the purpose of the visit.
• Please adhere to classroom rules and refrain from eating or drinking in the classroom.
• If you have messages to deliver to the student, please contact the office.
• The school building and grounds are smoke-free zones.
Tobacco Regulation 877 prohibits the use and distribution of tobacco products by all staff, students, visitors, and parents in a school building, on school grounds, in school-leased or school owned vehicles and property, and at all school affiliated functions, both on and off school grounds. Tobacco regulation 877 means a healthier, safe school environment for everyone.
• The building principal reserves the right to re-schedule or terminate a visitation.