Figuring out how to pay for college can be very overwhelming, but we hope to make this process a little bit easier by providing information about local, state, and national scholarship opportunities.
Throughout the year, this page will be updated as we receive new information. Please check back often as new scholarships will be added regularly. The scholarships listed on this website are just a small sample of the thousands of available scholarships. It is recommended that, in addition to viewing the scholarships below, you use a scholarship search engine to find other scholarships that are a good match for you.
If you have any questions about the scholarships, please contact Mrs. Ashley Carrow: email@example.com or call (302) 653-3133.
Financial Aid & Scholarship Resources:
Delaware Department of Education, Higher Education Office: The DHEO administers several scholarships for students in the state of Delaware. Click on the link to view the available scholarships & application requirements.
QuestBridge is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization that connects academically outstanding students from low-income backgrounds with opportunities at top colleges. The QuestBridge path to college begins with the College Prep Scholars Program, which helps high school juniors become strong applicants to top colleges. In their senior year, students can apply to the National College Match - an admissions process that connects students with admission and full four-year scholarships or generous financial aid at QuestBridge's college partners. Visit the QuestBridge website for more information about these opportunities.
UNCF is the nation's largest private scholarship provider to minority students. They also manage a variety of other scholarship programs. Visit the website for information about the UNCF scholarships as well as the other scholarships they manage.
Scholarships are added in the order in which they are received.
Delaware Community Foundation - Check out their website for a list of the scholarships. Be sure to pay attention to the criteria and the deadlines. The online application will be available on 12/15/2021. There is also a copy of their Scholarship Compendium on the Scholarship Bookcase in the School Counseling Office.
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Zeta Rho Lambda Chapter Scholarship - $1500 MLK Achievement Scholarship. Available to male and female students, juniors or seniors, attending high school in Kent or Sussex Counties. Click here for the application. Deadline: 11/30/21
Delaware Lions Foundation, James A. McCarty Memorial Scholarship - $1000 scholarship for a graduating senior. A total of 10 scholarships will be awarded. Click here for the application. Deadline: 4/1/22
Mar-Del Watermelon Association Scholarship - Two $1500 scholarships will be awarded to seniors who plan to pursue a degree is agriculture or a degree related to agriculture. Click here for the application. Deadline: 12/15/21
Better Business Bureau of Delaware: Student Ethics Scholarship - Two $2500 scholarships will be awarded to Delaware high school students who have demonstrated character, leadership, and ethical vaules. Click here for the application. Deadline: 1/12/22
Kent County Republican Women's Club Memorial Scholarship - A $1000 scholarship will be awarded to a student in a Kent County high school. See the attached application on the right side of this page. Deadline: 3/10/22
DSEA Christopher K. Smith Memorial Scholarship - A $1000 scholarship per year for four years; will be awarded to a senior graduating from a public school who intends to pursue a career in teaching: Click HERE to download application. *2021-2022 application available after 11/30. Deadline: Must be postmarked by 1/28/2022
DSEA Howard Weinberg Scholarship - A $1000 scholarship per year for four years; will be awarded to a high school student who is the child/dependent of a DSEA member and who plans to pursue a four-year college degree in any major. Click HERE to download application. 2021-2022 application available after 11/30. Deadline: Must be postmarked by 1/28/2022
Local Scholarship Information
The Local Scholarships are available in the School Counseling Office around December each year. The applications are located to the right.
There are 2 types of local scholarships:
1. General Scholarships-there are several scholarships students can apply for simply by filling out ONE General Scholarship Application and returning it to Mrs. Carrow in the School Counseling Office. The General Scholarship Application and list of scholarships is added each winter.
2. Scholarships which require separate applications. Below is a list of local scholarships which will be available by January in the attachments section:
- Smyrna FFA Alumni Scholarship (SHS)
- Clayton Century Club Scholarship
- General Scholarship (SHS)
- Harmony Lodge Scholarship
- H. Thomas Tucker Scholarship
- Kenton Ruritan Club Scholarship
- Kenton Ruritan Club Scholarship George Ellis Brown
- Kenton Ruritan Club Scholarship George Dunning
- Leadership Award
- Smyrna-Clayton 4th of July Scholarship
- Smyrna Educators Association Scholarship
- Smyrna School District Administrators (SSDAdmin) Scholarship
- Holly's Club of Smyrna Scholarship
- American Legion Auxiliary Unit 14 Scholarship
- VFW Post 8801 Scholarship
- Alpha Delta Kappa IOTA Chapter Scholarship
- Barbara Reed Medical Oncology Scholarship
- Clayton Intermediate School Scholarship
- Smyrna-Clayton Rotary Club Scholarship
- Smyrna High School Athletic Boosters Scholarship
- Smyrna School Nutrition Association Scholarship
- St. Peter's Church/Pamela Buckley Memorial Scholarship
- Clayton Lions Club Scholarship
- Smyrna-Clayton Little Lass Scholarship
- Smyrna School District Nurses Scholarship
- Delta Kappa Gamma Theta Chapter Scholarship
- JBM PTO Scholarship